1. Who are you and what do you do?
I’m Johnny and I’m a magazine writer and a translator.
2. What have you done for PERDIZ?
I helped to edit and translate PERDIZ #8. I also interviewed a load of great people, including a flea circus ringmaster, an anosmic chef, the inventor of chessboxing, and a lovely Canadian couple who live on a floating island they built in the middle of nowhere.
3. When did you wake up today? What did you have for breakfast?
8.05am. I have a new alarm that won’t turn off until I go into the kitchen and take a picture of my kettle. I had a banana, three coffees and an orange juice. A bit later I had a croissant and another coffee.
4. What makes you happy in your day to day life?
I suppose I quite like drinking coffee.
5. Do you remember the last time something made you laugh and what it was?
I’m currently locked out of my flat. Last night I very carefully picked out the perfect spot to put up a nail I could hang my keys on. When I left this morning I obviously totally forgot them. At lunchtime I got to my door, pictured them hanging there next to my bed, laughed like an insane man and turned back the way I’d come.
6. Is there something you’ve changed/begun recently and that has made your life better?
I moved from London to Barcelona, which has been a very pleasant exchange so far.
7. Can you recommend us somewhere in your city that makes you feel well?
I’m pretty new here, but I like the Mercat dels Encants. It’s consistently full of the most incredible tat I’ve ever seen.
8. And a song that puts a bounce in your step?
9. And a food that makes your stomach happy?
I can recommend the ham.
10. What was the last piece of good news you remember reading?
I just read that pigeons might be able to detect cancer, so that would be pretty good if it all works out.