1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Mariano Herrera and I’m a photographer.
2. What have you done for PERDIZ?
I’ve taken the photos for the pages on Josep Pijiula from Perdiz #5, a kindly man who has brought his fantasies alive in the forests of Girona (Spain).
3. When did you wake up today? What did you have for breakfast?
Today I got up as I do most days of the week at 7:40 am. I had a piece of maize toast with cured ham and another one with peanut butter and orange marmalade. I also had a coffee at home and another in the bar at the market that’s on the way.
4. What makes you happy in your day to day life?
Taking my daughter to school every day, it makes me very happy.
5. Do you remember the last time something made you laugh and what it was?
The conversations of almost every morning in the bar of the market with my friends Xavi and Carlos, the make me laugh quite a lot. We seem to always be talking about being over 40.
6. Is there something you’ve changed recently that has made your life better?
It’s nothing too recent, but for the last few years I’ve been putting together my holidays, the best time of the year!
7. Can you recommend us somewhere in your city that makes you feel well?
Walking round the Barcelona Zoo makes me feel very content. I think it’s the most interesting park in the city.
8. And a song that puts a bounce in your step?
In this order:
1. “Your love is the place where I come from” by Teenage Fanclub
2. “Baby” by Os Mutantes
3. “Nord” by Paolo Conte
4. “Connected” by Stereo MC’s
9. And a food that makes your stomach happy?
A potato and onion omelette.
10. What was the last piece of good news you remember reading?
That Barcelona and Madrid, finally, will be governed by the left!